@1 year ago with 6 notes
#old OCs #original characters #wow some of these babbies are as old as my computer #which isn't very old but when you're young everything is old #a really self-indulgent post #Harkbus art
[Warning: Old art, but nothing ranging past 2007]
Now and again, the time must come for a really, extraordinarily, self-indulgent post. My friends, that time is now.
When I feel overwhelmed, overworked, and just plain over-bleh, I like to sift through my past sketchbooks and redraw old OC’s. It’s like coming home and it always manages to pick me up. At the same time I feel terrible because half of these characters never see the light of day and I don’t want to abandon these babies, ever. I am an over-sentimental sob.
So this is a compilation of original characters that I’ve had fun with over the past few years. Some of them date back to - heaven forbid - elementary school. No drawings from then though, they didn’t make the jump to paper until 2006. There’s a lot of old art here that I’m embarrassed to post, but they raise some really good memories so I don’t think I’ll regret it. Too much.
1. Spiel: Personification of board games, cards, etc.
2. Ethan: Zombie guy with long hair.
3. CnS: Short for “Clubs and Spades.” He was a programmer, I think?
4. Len: The oldest of the bunch. He didn’t have horns originally, I’m not sure how they got there.
5. Neo-noir: Sculpture-lady-come-to-life.
6. Int: Doll maker that makes pretty dolls and has black irises.
7. Eye and Redact: Created 2010-2011, they’re homoromantic or something like that.
End self-indulgent post!